A VPN helps to protect your privacy, preventing websites you visit from seeing your IP address and your internet service provider (or public WiFi host) from seeing your browsing history. A VPN also lets you stream your favorite shows, movies, and sports events while traveling away from home.
A high-speed Swiss-based VPN Chrome extension
- Fast and reliable: Connect with one click and browse with peace of mind and no speed drops
- Flexible: Protect just your browser traffic without affecting speeds or the IP address of the other apps on your device
- Easy to use: Works on Chrome, Brave, Edge, and most other Chromium-based browsers
Download Proton VPN for your device
Browse privately inside your browser
A flexible way to stay private online
- Browse privately without affecting ping rates for online games
- Stream from another country in one browser while shopping for the best local deals in a different browser
- Browse privately on your work computer while connected to your company VPN
Convenient for streaming
- Easy one-click connect
- Stream films, sports events, and TV series on multiple streaming services worldwide (Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime Video, Disney+, HBO Max, and more)
- Stream from different countries in different browsers
A fully-featured VPN service
- High-speed 10 Gbps server network
- 1900+ servers in 65+ countries
- Use on 10 browsers or devices at the same time
- Support from our expert customer service team
How to set up and use Proton VPN’s Google Chrome extension
- Step 1
Buy a paid Proton VPN Plus account.
- Step 2
Download the extension
Search for and add the Proton VPN extension from the Chrome Web Store.
- Step 3
Log in and connect
Log in to your account and use Quick Connect to connect to a server.
Why choose Proton VPN?
When you use a VPN provider, you entrust your privacy to it. Here's what sets us apart:
Open-source apps mean you can check our code for yourself. Independent audits mean you can read an expert’s assessment.
Try Proton VPN Plus risk-free
If you’re not satisfied, we’ll refund your payment in full within 30 days.
Frequently Asked Questions
Trust is vital when choosing a VPN service, as it replaces what your ISP can see. Proton VPN is a VPN you can trust:
- We’re based in Switzerland, home to some of the strongest privacy laws in the world
- Our no-logs infrastructure has been independently audited
- Under Swiss law, we can’t be obligated to start logging
Sign up for a Proton VPN Plus account, click Add to Chrome on the Chrome Web Store → Add extension. For easier access to the Proton VPN extension, right-click the Extensions icon in the browser toolbar → click the Pin icon next to the extension.
You can install the browser extension in as many different Chromium-based browsers as you like. These include Microsoft Edge, Chromium, Opera, and Vivaldi. Each browser using the browser extension counts as one of your ten VPN connections.
1. Sign up. Buy a paid Proton VPN Plus account.
2. Download the extension. Search for and add the Proton VPN browser extension from the Chrome Web Store.
3. Log in to your account and use Quick Connect to connect to a server.
You're done! You can now securely and privately browse the internet.
Use the Quick Connect button to connect to the fastest VPN server for your location or Search for a particular country or server.
To bypass censorship blocks, simply connect to a VPN server located somewhere that doesn’t censor the internet. For example, if you are in Russia or Iran, connect to any server in the EU to access the free and open internet.
To watch content from one of the many popular streaming services we support when away from home, connect to any Plus server in your home country.